JOB PURPOSE: Making payments to Shipping Agents, Ports and other Agencies , and uplifting and dropping off documents.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives information from the Transportation Coordinator for daily payments, collection of documents, cheques, and small packages.
2. Ensure all payments are made within a timely manner.
3. Ensure all documents / packages are uplifted or dropped off within a timely manner.
4. Upload all receipts to WO lines using the Courier App.
5. Conduct personal daily and weekly inspections on company vehicle.
6. Ensure that all Laws are obeyed (speed limit, etc).
7. Report all accidents and incidents to the Transport Coordinator immediately.
8. Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· A minimum of 5 subjects CXC passes.
· A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar field
· Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
· Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
· Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
· Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisors.
· Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
· Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
· Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
· Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
· Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor.
· Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined and corrective action taken.
· Tag and Report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
· All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
· Enjoyable to work with – especially with direct team members.
· Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work. ·
Strong Communication Skills – Be able to communicate effectively with personnel’s internal and external.
· Physical demand - Primarily out of Office
· May attend virtual or in-person workshops, meetings, etc.