The main responsibility of the Human Resource Manager role is to provide human resource services for the client. The HR Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) Departments by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and activities as well as by implementing human resources policies, programs, and practices. He/ She will also be responsible for creating budgets and developing and submitting performance and progress reports. Moreover, he or she will be required to adapt the core values of the business and ensure a healthy working environment.
• Direct and manage the recruitment and selection process, and train Line Managers/Team Leads in interviewing and assessment procedures.
• Lead the strategic direction of the department and examine hiring trends in anticipation of the business’s response to labour market changes.
• Provide leadership within the company and develop supporting materials to communicate value proposition through the business’s employment of advertisements, career sites, job descriptions, and other employment materials.
• Develop, implement, and monitor effectiveness of training programs for the client.
• Assist in coordinating annual salary increase exercise and bonus payments.
• Provide guidance and advice to Supervisors and Team Leads on employee/ industrial relations matters, coordinate, and lead in disciplinary hearings and prepare disciplinary letters.
• Oversee the administration of the Employee Health and Life Insurance Plan.
• Develop, implement, and maintain human resources policies across the organisation, including training programs to educate and promote awareness of regulatory compliance.
• Produce reports on key metrics, including remuneration and benefits, absenteeism, and turnover.
• Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution.
• Develop and maintain employee work schedules which includes assignments, job rotations, trainings, vacation planners, absenteeism, tardiness and overtime scheduling.
• Provide oversight and direction to employees within the department in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
• Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
• Ensure all team members have the required tools to effectively complete their job.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
• A Degree in Human Resources, Management or a related field is required.
• A master’s degree in Human Resources, Management, or any other related field would be an asset.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar managerial position
• Considerable knowledge and experience in Labour Legislation and Regulations and Practices of Industrial Relations
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to effectively plan and organize.
• Financial Accounting skills will be an asset.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to be flexible.
The closing date for submission of all applications is Thursday, April 13, 2023