As an Instrument Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of Process Control and Instrumentation Systems, Integrated Control & Safety Systems, Fire & Gas Systems and Communication Systems. This includes all associated field devices, such as instruments and valves, and bulk materials such as cables and tubing.
Successful Candidates may be Stationed in the Netherlands
Focus on the database engineering part for instrumentation. The role of the Instrument
Database Engineer comprises the following tasks:
• Review and mark-up the instrumentation scope on P&ID’s as per client standards.
• Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines (mainly electrical, piping and process) are
consistent and aligned.
• Review and mark-up vendor package P&ID’s with instrumentation content. Review
vendor data and ensure package units and subcontracted scope are properly
integrated and/or interfaced.
• Work in Aveva Diagrams to provide instrumentation input to the P&ID’s regarding
tagging and basic instrument functionality.
• Work in Aveva Engineering to ensure consistency between P&ID and instrumentation
• Work in Smart Plant Instrumentation to build and maintain the instrumentation
Tasks may gradually extend to
• Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
• Assist in developing a project specific system design with all associated
documentation (philosophies, layouts, specifications, datasheets, block diagrams,
Cause & Effect diagrams, etc.).
• Act as package engineer for instrument packages and work in close cooperation with
Supply Chain to perform technical bid evaluations.
• Together with the Lead designer manage the flow of information to remote teams to
enable them to prepare Specifications, Bid reviews, Layouts, Cable Block diagrams,
Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Hook-up diagrams, Mounting details, Cable
list, Junction box list, Bulk MTOs for Cables, Cable glands and Hook-up materials.
• Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency.
• Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification
requirements, Client requirements.