Intern - Human Resources
SBM Offshore is seeking graduate students to be a part of our Internship Programme.
DETAILS OF THE INTERNSHIP:
The internship programme is aimed at developing students, who meet the established requirements, to prepare them for an exciting and challenging role within SBM Offshore – Guyana Operations. Successful candidates will be afforded the opportunity to gain on the job experience through a multifaced and multidisciplinary integration into Our Company.
The programme will provide opportunities to learn about industry specific processes, standards, and methods of working whilst providing practical exposure to aid in the development of a base of knowledge with regards to SBM’s different lines of businesses. This will thus contribute to your attainment of a broad view of how our Execution Centers work collaboratively on a global level to best support our clients.
The Internship programme shall be for a period of twenty-four (24) months.
The programme will concentrate on capacity building initiatives that seek to build, mold, and strengthen the necessary skills, expertise, and knowledge of the incumbent candidates.
- Ensure activities are completed with consistency and in compliance with work requirements, applicable employment laws & regulations, applicable policies, codes, standards, regulations, and industry practices
- Engage in all training / learning activities as identified from time to time
- Preparing statutory / periodic/ ad hoc reports pertinent to the assigned remit
- Working collectively with teams and other interns to develop new initiatives/ programs that can further develop/enhance the roles and functions of the team/company.
- Be willing to engage in team meetings/discussions on pertinent matters where necessary.
- Taking ownership and/or coordination of specific departmental activities.
- Fulfill predefined tasks (developmental/job specific as assigned)
- Perform research activities to bring clarity on specific issues/topics.
- Control of technical documents.
- Administrative duties as assigned by (management, the global/ localdepartment or the project).
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all data, information, records, and responsibilities entrusted to you.
- Participate in focused training, team meetings, work on projects and present your results.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled (3rd or 4th year) in a Tertiary institution of Study (University, Business Schools etc.) as part of a degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a recognized institute of professional studies.
- Must have the potential of being absorbed as a full-time employee of SBM, and availability to work (in the future) standard working hours.
- Must have maintained a consistent GPA of 3.0 or above / consistent passes grade B or above.
- Must be a Guyanese National
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
- Have a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- Computer literate in all standard software applications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbally).
· Work location: Georgetown
· Work Schedule: Flexible office hours based on study requirements
· Busy, fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Life Insurance benefits
Closing date for submission of resumes is Tuesday, July 19, 2022.