Technical Sales Representative
The Technical Sales Representative will effectively promote the sales of the company's product
line in new and existing markets, while
representing the company and promoting it's interests
while providing the highest level of customer service. The incumbent will work with the Technical Sales Team to provide clients
with technical support in determining the options available.
• Proactively scope technical customer requirements and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
• Analyze and generate reports of various supplier / product offerings to identify feasibility of procurement/supply to achieve desired profit margins and client satisfaction.
• Respond to client requests for technical products/ solutions by providing available options and support in order to determine the best option according to the customer needs.
• Demonstrate technical competence on all products/ solutions within area of focus.
• Successfully conduct company product presentations and/or demonstrate products and solutions in front of prospects.
• Collaborate with client and supplier resources to develop and deliver technical proposals to client personnel to drive value- added / custom solutions comprised primarily of engineered solutions and product sales.
• Provide design / technical support aimed at meeting the client's engineering/ product needs by providing specifications, product and pricing options based on established guidelines to meet these needs, thereby creating superior customer support.
• Provide weekly sales repots and pipeline updates to Team Lead.
• Assist in the sales promotion of industrial supplies, packaged solutions and end-to-end solutions as required by the client.
• Maintain all corporate policies and procedures including quotations, follow-up, and timely reporting.
• Work independently to manage and develop channel partners through utilization of joint sales activities, training, and mutual action plans. Ensure Line Manager is kept abreast of all developments.
• Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing the required tasks while seeking perspective / guidance as required.
• Prepare commercial and technical aspects of tenders to ensure that prices accurately reflect costs and profit margins desired with guidance from the Team Lead/Line Manager
• Monitor tender results to ensure that such results are obtained and reported within two (2) weeks of closing date and corresponding entries made in the submission of monthly report.
• Monitor client portal and respond to client RFQ’s in effort to offer best technical solution.
• Additional responsibilities include providing on-site support, handling technical presentations at conferences; and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Execute duties according to the ISO 9001:2008/2015 Quality Management System, ensuring that risks management and other activities adhere to the requirements of the quality standard.
• Perform duties within the Company's HSSE guidelines and ensure that all safety policies and procedures are adhered to. Perform any other related duties assigned by Management.
• Technical Certification MEEET, Mechanical Engineering Technician's Diploma or Engineering Degree
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player.
• Knowledge and understanding of customer relationship management and time management skills.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings & PID's
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong presentation, organizational and time management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• MEEET Technical Diploma & 3+ years’ experience as in a technical sales environment with a proven track record in providing outstanding and unparalleled customer service.
• BA.Sc Engineering Degree & 1 + years’ experience as in a technical sales environment with a proven track record in providing outstanding and unparalleled customer service.
• Experience with an ERP system will be considered an asset, e.g.. Dynamics GP
• Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics, AutoCAD, Solidworks & other relevant engineering software.
Closing date for submission of all resumes is Wednesday, May 12th, 2023