Freight Documentation Specialist
The Freight Documentation Specialist is responsible for supporting import activities by the preparation of the
required importation documents and completing the necessary processes on the respective Customs software
systems in order to facilitate shipments being able to be customs cleared.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enter onto laser/Magaya Software System information from shipping documents per shipment.
2. Verify and sort documents according to customers who utilizes the client's brokerage serves and for those who do not.
3. Prepare CARICOMs for all Brokerage and Non-Brokerage Customers.
4. Prepare insurance certificates for shipments which customers requested to be insured.
5. Follow up on Arrival Notices from the respective shipping lines and airlines on all shipments.
6. Ensure that all Master/House Bill of Landings are released before the shipment arrives.
7. Upon receipt of the Shipping Lines Arrival notice, ensure the preparation of the Company’s Arrival Notice is completed and sent to the Customer Care Team.
8. Upon receipt of an arrival notice from the shipping line/airline, prepare the House Delivery Orders for all shipments.
9. Upon the arrival of the shipment, ensure collection of the Master Delivery from respective Shipping line is arranged.
10. Notify the Customer Care Team once the Delivery Order is collected and returned to the office, i.e. the Delivery Order is ready for
collection by the customer.
12. Assist with customer queries.
13. Upload the customer’s shipment onto the Customs Asycuda System as per the airlines/shipping lines and customer’s information.
14. Oversee and assist where needed with regards to less than a container load
15. Prepare customers’ amendments to the respective documents and shipments for full container load
16. Follow up and prepare payments for the respective Unstuffing Bond, Airlines and Shipping Lines to whom the Company has an established credit facility.
17. Handle all brokerage documentation queries regarding shipments.
18. Assist with sending Freight Invoices to the Customer Care team.
19. Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
Aleast two (2) years experience in the field
A BSc in Business Management and any other related field.
• Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisors.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or
external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective
• Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will
get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks - can work on multiple tasks, meet Key Performance Indicators, reorganize,
and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).
Deadline: February 3rd, 2023