ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Accounts Payable Clerk
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the Liza Destiny FPSO, which will be located in the Stabroek Basin, approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to work onshore at our Georgetown shore base.
In this role you will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager and Cost Controller to ensure invoices are verified and paid. Specific duties include:
· Book supplier invoices: Scan and capture invoices in DB Capture, match invoice with purchase order – accept/reject the invoice;
· Ensure no double payments are made;
· Contact suppliers in case of discrepancy;
· Review suppliers service invoices for accuracy according to the terms & condition;
· Verify expense reports for accuracy, ensure original receipts are provided and only allowable expenses are claimed;
· Create & update vendor bank details;
· Generate reports to verify invoices are approved for payment (via electronic invoice approval)
· Respond to supplier queries on payment status and send remittance advice for local and other currency payments;
· Prepare weekly bank reconciliation, monthly AP listing and cash flow forecast;
· Prepare manual booking for incoming funds, payroll, and bank charges;
· Prepare and Reconciliation WHT/VAT/Supplier Accounts
· Assist Finance Department colleagues as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Accounting function;
· Certified Accounting Technician or it’s equivalent;
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel;
· High attention to detail;
· Monday to Friday, office hours
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
At this time, we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.