Area Sales Manager
We are searching for an Area Sales Manager for one of our clients in Guyana who works in the construction industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the company's technical sales goals and objectives are met, as well as maintaining and improving the company's relationships with contractors, dealers, designers, architects, and other technical groups in the construction sector as needed to deliver on business results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implements initiatives to achieve targeted sales volumes of the Company’s products to specified
customers and through specified retail & online channels. (B2C).
• Deliver the target for the specific channel (Projects).
• Establish and maintain close and personal working relationships with retail customers, major clients
, and contractors that are serviced through our retail stores and distributors, while also expanding the
• Conducts and oversees meetings with Store Managers/Sales Reps/Suppliers and operations in all
areas to ensure the adequacy of supply and to deal with any other concerns that may arise.
• Develop annual/monthly sales plans aligned to the sector’s overall monthly targets.
• Keeps abreast of market trends and competitor activities.
• Collecting customer feedback and market research.
• Generates monthly sales reports in a timely and efficient manner.
• Develop demand plans and implement forecasting strategies
• Assists Regional Sales Manager in creating, delivering, and monitoring (B2C) sales strategies for the
company, the product range, and the designated retail locations.
• Identifies business opportunities and construction projects that promote market share and
penetration into the market.
• Oversees the organization’s market development for products by utilizing best practice strategic
planning processes to support and drive business profitability.
• Work as a part of the Management team to develop and refine a long/medium-term plan for the
• Liaise with the Marketing Department in the development and implementation of marketing
initiatives to support brands
• Provide fact-based analytical information to support budgets, sales initiatives, and strategic growth
initiatives of the company.
• Acts as an ambassador and role model for the company.
• Develops a strong understanding of the sales, distribution, marketing, and promotion processes
thereby ensuring customers and business needs are fully addressed.
• Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market (RTM).
• Performs all other relevant duties as required to ensure optimum operation of the Sales &
The distribution arm of the operations.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Marketing
• At least seven (7) years’ sales and/or marketing experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, or similar field will be an asset.
• Experience with Planning, Financials and Budgetary Control
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Exceptional negotiation skills
• Ability to build effective relationships, whether internally or externally
• Strong IT skills: ability to use the computer and business-related applications (MS office)
• Ability to work under pressure and still produce the result
• Ability to be flexible
• Demonstrates business acumen
• Demonstrates good people skills & ability to retain high performing team of sales personnel
• Motivational skills: ability to get people moving towards a specific task
• Must possess time management skills, with the ability to make timely decisions
Possess good organizational skills
• Possess leadership skills and the ability to work with a team
• Ability to think strategically
• Possess people skills and the ability to solve problems
• Ability to build and maintain effective people networks
Strategy development and project management skill
The Closing date for the submission of resumes is February 12, 2022