ASSISTANT SAFETY OFFICER
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an Assistant Safety Officer to work offshore on the Liza Destiny FPSO.
· Contribute to the maintenance of health and safety systems and operational requirements by actively seeking and updating information on developments in safety related areas
· Implement Safety Management Systems within personal responsibility and operational requirements
· Assist in planned maintenance and certification of Fire Fighting Equipment (FFE) and Life Saving Appliances (LSA)
· Issue work orders and request maintenance as necessary to maintain availability of FFE and LSA
· Clearly and accurately record results of any maintenance on FFE and LSA or monitoring activities as appropriate
· Contribute to the maintenance of the working environment and operational requirements by assisting the Safety Officer to carry out inspections effectively and accurately obtain results
· Identify, prioritize and act upon potential or real hazards or deviations from requirements discovered
· Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, external and internal inspection/audit teams and cooperate as required
· Facilitate access of inspection/audit teams to appropriate information
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of a health and safety culture at the workplace
· Contribute to reporting, investigation and follow up of incidents including near misses
· Prepare and present demonstrations and information and perform general security and heli-admin duties
· Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
· Carry out an emergency response role during emergency drills and training exercises
· Contribute to exercise design and analysis and debriefing after drills
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Experience in servicing/maintaining Fire Fighting Equipment (FFE) and Lifesaving Appliances (LSA)
· Experience of helicopter operations
· Familiarity with Safety Management Systems
· Familiarity in use and operation of PTW, Risk Assessment, Gas Testing
· Some experience of control and monitoring of all hazardous maintenance activities including hot work and confined space entry
FPSO experience preferred
Offshore on a 28 days onboard / 28 days of leave rotation, 12-hours per day
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
· Extensive safety and technical training provided
If you are interested in a career working offshore, please send your CV to:
El Dorado Offshore
Lot 23 Brickdam
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.