SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels.
We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the Liza Destiny FPSO, which will be located in the Stabroek Basin, approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an Assistant Storekeeper to work offshore on the Liza Unity FPSO.
The Assistant Storekeeper will exhibit a high standard of administrative accuracy and control over the movement of stock in and out of the stores. Specifically s/he will ensure all records are accurate, transparent and up to date and that they reflect the actual situation with regard to stock movements.
· Maintain accurate and transparent records using a Computerized Stock Control System;
· Receive stock and check off accurately against manifests and Purchase Orders / Purchase Requisitions;
· Carry out accurate and regular stock audits;
· Maintain stock minimum / maximum levels and keep equipment and materials in stock and ready for immediate issue;
· Maintain security and cleanliness of equipment and materials;
· Liaise with all departments and onshore Procurement team to ensure effective and efficient provision of equipment and materials;
· Ensure equipment and materials are clearly and correctly identified and stored in correct locations and that equipment, waste or other materials are disposed of according to procedure;
· Contribute to Health and Safety by working in a safe manner, encouraging others to work in a safe manner, stopping unsafe acts, maintaining a work environment free of hazards, reporting all health and safety incidents;
· Emergency response duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Thorough understanding of materials and stock management procedures;
· Experience with computer-based inventory control systems;
· Knowledge of heavy equipment, industrial machinery or processing equipment is preferred;
· Detail oriented;
· Must be medically fit according to an offshore International standard such as ENG1 or equivalent;
· Must be physically and mentally able to complete extensive offshore training including Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET);
Knowledge of or experience working offshore is beneficial.
· Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
At this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently residing in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com