Join Our Database!
The Buyer is responsible for procuring equipment, materials and services for specific disciplines in accordance with the specification provided, at the best possible price and at the required time.
- Maintain records as required by the internal and external procedures and regulations.
- Analyze the technical requirements of the purchase request and ensure that these requirements are met throughout the supply process, including the coordination of the acceptance tests, QA/QC documentation review, etc.
- Prepare the Requests for Quotation (RFQ) in accordance with the PIRs/scopes. The RFQs shall include all technical, commercial and quality requirements.
- Source, coordinate qualification and select suitable suppliers, manufacturers and vendors.
- Compile approved vendor lists and perform vendor audits as required.
- Issue the RFQs to the selected suppliers.
- Expedite and obtain suitable quotations and to co-ordinate technical clarifications and communications during bidding. Negotiate with suppliers and obtain the best price for goods and services.
- Review quotations and issue the cost comparison sheets when required
- Prepare the purchase recommendations
- Issue the Purchase Requisition (PRs) and expedite the approval process or for contracts provide full contract/agreement packages (including Business case, Service Level Agreements, Contracted Terms and conditions, etc.)
- Prepare and issue the Purchase Order (POs) or Request For Signatures (RFS)
- Verify the acknowledgement of POs and launch KOM
- Coordinate with freight forwarder to expedite deliveries.
- Prepare weekly progress report on purchasing activities (PIR, RFQ, PR and PO status).
- Monitor vendor’s performance and organize Quarterly Performance Review (QPR) meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- University Degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or Supply Chain Management
- Familiar with the interpretation of technical standards
- Minimum Three (3) years’ experience in technical services and goods purchasing, preferably within the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of materials import/export procedures and regulations.
- Mechanical expertise/background
- Familiar with purchasing regulations and legislation in country
- Familiar with materials administration and purchasing systems, preferably AMOS and MS applications.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel internationally including offshore
- Monday to Friday, office hours
- Office located in Georgetown
- Busy, fast-paced environment
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Dental benefits
Currently, we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
Closing date for submission of all resumes is Wednesday, September 21, 2022