SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a Buyer (Category) to work at our Georgetown Shore base.
· Responsible for procuring equipment, materials and services for specific disciplines in accordance with the specification provided, at the best possible price and at the required time for all.
· Maintain records as required by the internal and external procedures and regulations.
· Analyze the technical requirements of the purchase request and ensure that these requirements are met throughout the supply process, including the coordination of the acceptance tests, QA/QC documentation review, etc.
· Prepare the Requests for Quotation (RFQ) in accordance with the PIRs/scopes. The RFQs shall include all technical, commercial and quality requirements.
· Source, coordinate qualification and select suitable suppliers, manufacturers and vendors.
· Compile approved vendor lists and perform vendor audits as required.
· Issue the RFQs to the selected suppliers.
· Expedite and obtain suitable quotations and to co-ordinate technical clarifications and communications during bidding. Negotiate with suppliers and obtain the best price for goods and services.
· Review quotations and issue the cost comparison sheets when required
· Prepare the purchase recommendations
· Issue the Purchase Requisition (PRs) and expedite the approval process or for contracts provide full contract/agreement packages (including Business case, Service Level Agreements, Contracted Terms and conditions, etc.)
· Prepare and issue the Purchase Order (POs) or Request For Signatures (RFS)
· Verify the acknowledgement of POs and launch KOM
· Coordinate with freight forwarder to expedite deliveries.
· Prepare weekly progress report on purchasing activities (PIR, RFQ, PR and PO status).
· Monitor vendor’s performance and organize Quarterly Performance Review (QPR) meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· University Degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or Supply Chain Management
· Familiar with the interpretation of technical standards and should have strong contract negotiation skills.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical services and goods purchasing, preferably within the oil and gas industry
· Knowledge of materials import/export procedures and regulations.
· Mechanical expertise/background
· Familiar with purchasing regulations and legislation in country
Familiar with materials
administration and purchasing systems, preferably AMOS and MS applications.
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Ability to travel internationally including offshore.
· Monday to Friday, office hours
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.