The Carpenter will be responsible for building crates according to specifications and shipping requirements to prepare products for transportation to vendors and customers or export. The successful candidate will work to complete fabricating, assembling, and packaging processes for shipments.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Read, understand and interpret blueprints and work instructions, and other instructions written or verbal, to complete assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards
2. Use various hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to prepare products and other items for shipment/ export.
3. Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures, including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations specified, and recording and communicating inventory levels.
4. Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures
5. Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes
6. Package equipment to industry standards by utilizing and recommending in certain circumstances.
7. Maintain deadline required to perform respective tasks within 48 hours unless in emergencies the individual must be available to work extra hours to complete tasks within a given timeframe.
8. Perform site visits and provide a report within twelve (12) hours on completing the site visit. The report should include pictures, materials required, and packaging. Information will be sent to the relevant department to provide quotations to respective clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of five (5) subjects CSEC, inclusive of passes in English Language and Mathematics.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience Manufacturing, Assembling, Blocking & Bracing Wooden Crates. Individuals must possess advanced knowledge in the safe operation of materials and work tools provided for fabrication.
• A Wood Carpenter Trade Certificate will be an asset.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist, or hazardous practices are observed
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Team Lead or Supervisor.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Team Lead or Supervisor once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings, and training sessions (internal and external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Team Lead or Supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined and corrective action taken; and
• Tag and Report any and all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Technical Analysis of requests - quickly process and understand requests, identify where external assistance is needed, document concisely and clearly what is required, plan how to respond.
• Problem solving - suggest recommended actions rather than just ask for help, come up with innovative ideas, pre-emptively identify issues with existing procedures and implement solutions.
• Quality Assurance – Quickly picks up technical errors, typos, issues with sentence construction, gaps in logic, incorrect or missing pricing, whilst reviewing requests, quotes and technical proposals
• Teamwork and Emotional Intelligence - work well with others in the department, work well with other departments, build mutual trust and respect, develop strong professional relationships with others in the company, display emotional intelligence when dealing with others.
• MS Office - Intermediate to Advance in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
DEADLINE: October 14th, 2021