Join Our Database!
CHANDLERY SERVICE OFFICER
To account manage the Chandlery Service that the client offers to our customers and also account manage the customers that offer Chandlery Services to the ships and rigs.
1. Liaise directly with the Chandlers.
2. Liaise directly with customers that require Chandlery Services.
3. Comprehensive understanding of the practices of the chandler’s services to its customers.
4. Comprehensive understanding of the services Malabar Farms Food Service Ltd offers the Chandlers.
5. Being meticulous when checking the following documentation, Chandler’s Purchase Order, the Picking Ticket and the customer’s invoice.
6. Sell the Chandler a wide range of products that facilitates the needs of the rigs and ships.
7. Being proactive in the procurement of stock and maintaining the levels of Par Stock required in order to facilitate the needs of the ships and rigs.
8. Customs and delivery protocol at the loading facilities for the dispatch of our goods and services.
9. A full understanding and experience in the warehousing operations which will include receiving, stock controls, inventory, picking and dispatching.
10. Manage the expiry dates of stock.
11. Update the price listing every three (3) weeks to ensure that our margins are obtained.
12. Inform the captain about out of stock items and possible alternatives that can be utilized.
13. Responsible for overseeing the loading for every order that is to be delivered to the vessels. This involves working on weekends when the need arises (inclusive of answering cellular phone and emails).
14. Any other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned.
1. Liaise directly with the Chandlers
v Communicates with the relevant individuals within the chandlery service provider to clarify the needs of the ship and rig ensuring that we supply the right products that match the purchase orders placed by the Chandler.
2. Comprehensive understanding of the practices of the chandler’s services to its customers.
v The comprehensive understanding of the chandler’s services is integral to fulfilling the needs of both the chandler and its customers. For example the timing of the purchasing and processing of the goods to meet the dead line of the customer as required.
3. Comprehensive understanding of the services Malabar Farms Food Service Ltd offers the Chandlers.
v This is the cornerstone of the relationship, the officer must have a clear understanding of what we offer and do not offer to the Chandlers, as it is better to be the best at what we do instead of trying to facilitate everything with poor execution.
4. Being meticulous when checking the following documentation, Chandler’s Purchase Order, the Picking Ticket and the customer’s invoice.
v An eye for detail when processing and cross checking the purchase order with the picking ticket and against the invoice. Accuracy is the key as to ensure we are meeting the budgets of the ships and rigs as this is a precise service. A calculated Par Stock Level of items regularly ordered and infrequently ordered will be required in order to facilitate the needs of the ships and rigs.
5. Sell the Chandler a wide range of products that facilitates the needs of the rigs and ships.
v Must be skilled in the use of Foundation for sell, Feature (what it is), Advantage (what it does) and Benefits (what it means to the customer).
v Product knowledge is essential for our service to be referred to as the “Best in the Business”. This will allow the officer to move from one product to the next freely as he or she cross sells to a new product or product group and upsells to greater quantities and or quality.
6. Being proactive in the procurement of stock and the maintaining of levels of Par Stock required in order to facilitate the needs of the ships and rigs as required.
v The practices of procurement of stock that we may or may not carry is essential for the fulfillment of the chandler’s requirements. A strong and knowledgeable relationship is required with our suppliers as we gain the quality at the best prices.
7. Customs and delivery protocol.
v A clear understanding and the ability to apply the understanding to the practices and paper work that are required by Customs will be required.
8. A full understanding and experience in the warehousing operations which will include receiving, stock controls, inventory, picking and dispatching.
v The practices and familiarity of the movement of stock and the paperwork that accompany that stock which allows the tracking and delivery to the right place at the right time.
Job Skills / Requirements:
v A Diploma in Business Management or Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
v Telephone Skills- the ability to communicate fluently about our products and services, bolstered with the ability to sell both over the telephone.
v Computer Literate- the ability to create business to business letters, build excel spreadsheets email and use whatsapp as a business tool.
v Conversant in the calculation of quantities and weight measurements.
v Driver’s license and a willingness to accompany deliveries and in particular all new deliveries.
v Negotiation and selling skills.