Join Our Database!
To Vet and Classify all commercial Invoices & client requests and identify items which requires import licenses.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Vets all Commercial Shipment Invoices
• Vets all Invoices to ensure the correct Hamonised Systems (HS) Code applies.
• Research and input the HS code on invoices (Invoices without HS Code)
• Identify items requiring licenses.
• Identify items falling under ESSO IDA and items to pay Full Duties.
2. Validation Report
• Prepare Ceva Validation Report or any other Validation for Clients capturing:
• Correct HS Code
• Licenses Items & Non licenses items
• Agencies the licenses items will be processing.
• Items that fall under ESSO IDA and items to pay full duties
• Duties applicable for items that does not fall under ESSO IDA
3. Vetting all Pre - approval Invoices
• Vets all Invoices to ensure the HS Code is correct
• Identifies licenses & Non licenses items
4. Updates Magaya / Odoo
• Updates Magaya & Odoo to show weather a Shipment requires Toxic Chemical Licenses or Import Licenses
• Updates Magaya with the Time taken to Classify an Entry.
5. Actioning requests from clients to provide HS codes and tax amount for items which they are considering importing.
6. Prepare & submit classification KPI report daily
7. Expediting licenses at the various Agencies and Ministries
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5 CXC passes (Maths & English inclusive)
• 1 year of Classification/Customs Brokerage experience
• Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisors.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined and corrective action taken.
• Tag and Report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with – especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Attention to details -Be able to fix small types of oversight before a task is completed.
• Strong Communication Skills – Be able to communicate effectively with personnel’s internal and external.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
• May attend virtual or in-person workshops, meetings, etc.
DEADLINE: January 31st, 2022