The Clearance Clerk is responsible conducting examinations of cargo at the various port, customs clearing shipment and ensuring delivery of cargwhile adhering to all safety requirements of the company
· Customs Clear shipments upon receipt of Customs Entry. Ensure the necessary Toolbox talks are conducted and all truck and cargo inspection forms are completed.
· Oversee examination of cargo and ensure all pieces are counted and quantity are accounted for before signing out cargo for delivery to client.
· Ensure cargo is verified at Bond upon clearance and take photos of the loaded truck as proof that it was loaded correctly, and all items were accounted for.
· Record all short shipment/overlanded cargo and damaged cargo to the Port and prepare the necessary reports.
· Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements
Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisors.
Attend to queries with Customs and assist where necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five (5) subjects CXC- Inclusive of Mathematics and English A
- At least two (2) years’ experiences in a similar role
DEADLINE: July 15th,2021