Our client in Guyana, who works within the oil and gas industry, is searching for a Cost Controller. The successful candidate will play a critical role in assuring the business's financial integrity. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the application of financial controls, ensuring accurate reporting, and providing commercial advice and economic analysis to relevant parties. Compliance with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures will also be a vital aspect of this role.
· Implement and monitor financial controls to safeguard the company's financial integrity.
· Oversee accurate reporting and analysis of financial data.
· Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures.
· Provide commercial advice and financial analysis to relevant stakeholders.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive financial performance and efficiency.
· Identify areas for cost optimization and recommend strategies for improvement.
· Assist in budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes.
· Conduct regular audits to assess financial compliance and identify potential risks.
· Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices in cost control.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
· MBA degree from a recognized University.
· 5+ years of practical experience within a finance environment, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
· Proficiency in using SAP or a similar finance program.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Diligence and ability to work with large volumes of financial data.
· Effective communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders.
· Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial regulations and compliance standards.
· Professional certification (e.g., ACCA, CPA) is a plus.
The Closing date for the submission of resumes is June 15, 2022