The Courier is responsible transportation of employees and to various Government Ministries, agencies, and other locations for work purposes and the collection of documents, packages, and cargo in a timely manner.
· Receive information from the Transportation Coordinator for daily deliveries and collection of documents, cheques, cash, packages, and cargo.
· Ensure all items are collected within a timely manner.
· Ensure cargo is in good order before accepting it for delivery.
· Do personal daily or weekly check-ups on vehicles.
· Ensure that all Laws are obeyed (speed limit, etc.).
· Report all accidents and incidents to the Transport Coordinator immediately.
· Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· A minimum of five (5) subjects CSEC inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar field.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Defensive Driving Certificate.
· Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
· Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed
· Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Team Lead.
· Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
· Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Team Lead once there is any doubt.
· Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job
· Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
· Report all incidents immediately to your Team Lead.
· Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken; and
· Tag and Report any and all defective tools or equipment immediately.
· Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
· Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
· Enjoyable to work with – especially with direct team members.
· Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
· Strong Communication Skills – Be able to communicate effectively with personnel’s internal and external.
· Physical demand - Primarily out of Office
· May attend virtual or in-person workshops, meetings, etc.
DEADLINE: August 27th, 2021