Join Our Database!
DOMESTIC LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
We are searching for a Domestic Logistics Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the domestic movement of assets, products, and materials upon the request of the Operational Planning Resource Management (OPRM) and Resource Coordinators. The Domestic Logistics Specialist plans and allocates internal or third-party resources to execute the shipment.
• Validate all transport requests and required delivery dates for a defined geographic region or lane to achieve on-time delivery.
• Prepare equipment load plans per planning standard operating procedures to maximize rental and call-out
• Leverage domestic planning and rate checker tools to achieve competitive costs by applying preferred rates.
• Plan truck routings, leverage consolidation, and maximize backload opportunities to drive down costs.
• Manage weekly fixed schedules and regional milk runs.
• Issue work orders before each move with associated cost approvals.
• Ensure compliance with land transport contractor guidelines, Health, Safety and Environment policies, local
regulations, and dangerous goods requirements in the Geo Market.
• Identify domestic logistics network improvement projects or opportunities.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum 3-4 years experience in similar role.
• Intermediate proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Great interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Possess exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail
The Closing date for the submission of resumes is February 11, 2022 .