SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an Electrical Technician to work offshore on the Liza Destiny FPSO.
· Maintain and adjust the condition of electrical assets while complying with relevant authorization procedure, safe working practices and specific instructions
· Ensure resources and spares are planned for and used cost effectively.
· Ensure any assets which have been maintained or had parameters adjusted still comply with specified operating requirements with minimum disruption and with the specified methods, tools and materials.
· Record any maintenance or adjustments accurately in work history in MMS
· Monitor and assess the performance and condition of electrical assets
· Ensure monitoring and checks are carried out in line with specified MMS timescales and schedules
· Record and communicate monitored outcomes accurately and in timely fashion to raise the effectiveness of MMS
· Diagnose faults in electrical assets and respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures
· Record all diagnosis and actions taken in full details in the appropriate document history
· Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures and halting any unplanned discharges where possible, and report immediately according to policy,
· Carry out Emergency Response Role
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· ONC/ HNC, or NVQ Level 3 or recognized equivalent in Electrical Maintenance Engineering
· Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred with 2 years offshore petrochemical experience desired
· Good knowledge of PTW, Electrical Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment and Man Management, Power Management System, Generation on LV
· Preferred courses: HV/LV Protection and HVLV Switching
· Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent
Offshore on a 28 days onboard / 28 days of leave rotation, 12-hours per day
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
· Extensive safety and technical training provided
If you are interested in a career working offshore, please submit your CV to:
Deadline for Applications: June 29th, 2020
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.