Engineer- Process Control & Instrumentation
As a Process Control & Instrumentation Engineer you are jointly responsible for translating the wishes of the customer into the designs, handling of requisitions, preparing cost estimates, writing advisory reports, determining instrumentation specifications, and solving industrial automation issues. You are also responsible for achieving a desired result with the customer, for example reduction of emissions or energy savings and safe installations and making calculations for engineering and assembly work, in line with the project specifications.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• A proven track record as Engineer Instrumentation, preferably gained at an engineering firm;
• Extensive experience with the concepts mentioned above, knowledge of (field) instruments and suppliers of components and systems;
• A pragmatic attitude and committed;
• Good cooperation with colleagues, a team player;
• Good command of the Dutch language and, preferably, also the English language;
• Minimum MBO+ / HBO work and thinking level.
The successful is also responsible for following:
• Draw up project specifications and determine functional descriptions and specifications for PLC, SCADA and DCS systems;
• Assess and supplement P&IDs and prepare BOD / BEDEP documents, instrument data sheets and I/O lists;
• Choosing which instruments and systems are best suited to a design;
• Contribute to HAZOP and SIL studies, draft FAT and SAT procedures and incidentally supervise assembly work and commissioning;
• Assess designs based on ATEX and SIL guidelines;
• Guiding and controlling colleague Designers and Engineers during various phases of engineering (e.g. during the detail engineering).