Join Our Database!
The Responsibility for the Fitter is to carry out duties in line with International standards lay down in IMO’s rules and legislations and according to “Good seamanship”. Good maintenance, housekeeping, orderliness and cleanliness all over the vessel. Report any deficiency to superior. The Fitter is responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment and machinery as directed by superior. The Fitter is expected to read and understand project plans as supplied by superior..
· Inform your supervisor about spare parts consumed and new requirements of supplies.
· Permit to Work and Risk Assessment carried out are to be adhered to.
· Receive and execute the day’s work order according to the planned maintenance program or as directed by superior. Unplanned tasks to be carried out as instructed and found necessary.
· Any irregularities and deficiencies found to be reported to supervisor.
· Use of Chemicals: Follow carefully MSDS for relevant chemical.
· Make sure to keep engine room nice and tidy at all times.
· Carry out work according to instruction from superior.
· Any irregularities and deficiencies found to be report to supervisor.
· Proficient in verbal and written English.
· Proficient in Welding with shielded metal arc (stick welding) and TIG.
· Proficient in use of Lathe-machine.
· Able to fabricate and repair equipment and machinery on board ship.
· Able to carry out tasks individually as well as part of a team.
· HSEQ system: Comply fully the requirements in the Company’s HSEQ system, national as
well as internationals rules and legislation’s and other precautions currently valid on board.
· Drills: Participate as required by superior.
· Certificates: Ensure STCW required certificates (if needed) , HSE certificates, annual medical, required vaccination and other applicable and Company required certificates are valid at all time.
Deadline: October 13th 2022