Freelance Clearance Clerk
JOB PURPOSE: To carry out the day-to-day operations of clearance and delivery while adhering to all safety requirements of the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Customs Clear shipments upon receipt of Customs Entry. Ensure the necessary Toolbox talks are conducted and all truck and cargo inspection forms are completed
2. Deliver cargo upon instructions from Operations Coordinator or Supervisor and ensure the client signs the POD (Proof of Delivery) for upon delivery of shipment
3. Oversee and ensure during examination of cargo that all pieces are counted and quantity are accounted for before signing out cargo for delivery to client.
4. Ensure cargo is verified at Bond upon clearance and as standard procedure take photos of the loaded truck as proof that it was loaded correctly, and all items were accounted for.
5. Take photos and report all damaged cargo immediately.
6. Record all short shipment/overlanded cargo and damaged cargo to the Port and have them prepare the necessary reports.
7. Booking and Uplifting export shipments to be exported
8. Report all problems to Operations Coordinator or Supervisor with respect to documents or if any encountered during examination
9. Make payments to Customs and port facilities/freight forwarders
10. Return all paid receipts and signed POD’s to office the very next day after clearance.
11. Attend to queries with Customs and assist where necessary.
12. Booking Customs Overtime for work being done beyond the regular working hours of the port.
13. Report to Operations Coordinator or Supervisor upon completion of day-to-day operations.
14. Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of seven (7) subjects CXC
• At least two (1) years’ experience in a similar role
• Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisors.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined and corrective action taken.
• Tag and Report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Strong Communication skills – be able to effectively communicate via various means.
• Physical demand - Primarily out of office (Clearance Ports/Terminals)
• May attend virtual or in-person workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).