General Purpose Operator
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a GP Operator to work offshore.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships
· Carry accurate and effective work handovers
· Conduct slinging and rigging operations
· Maintain slinging equipment
· Perform effective signalling/communications to direct movement of loads using appropriate hand and radio communication techniques
· Perform Preparation And Cleaning Of Equipment For Maintenance Or Coating
· Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
· Monitor And Maintain Pollution Control Measures
· Perform Emergency Response Role
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Over 2 years’ experience in a deck capacity in the offshore or shipping industries.
· Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
· Certification as per STCW
· Ability to work well in teams
Offshore on a 28 days onboard / 28 days of leave rotation, 12-hours per day
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
· Extensive safety and technical training provided
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.