Graduate Engineer - Construction
We are seeking recently Graduated Engineers to join our Graduate Engineer Program. In this program you will rotate between various departments, projects, and locations to become fully indoctrinated in SBM’s business. With this well-developed base of knowledge, you will be well on your way towards your chosen career path as an Engineer within the SBM Group.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAMME
The Graduate Engineer Program is meant to provide recently graduated Engineers with the foundational knowledge they need to begin and accelerate their careers in the oil and gas industry.
To achieve this, successful candidates will be rotated amongst various departments to learn the key processes and procedures that enable SBM Offshore to efficiently support our projects and operations.
Incumbents will be assigned to one or more of our SBM Offshore International Locations to gain exposure to SBM’s different lines of business and to achieve a broad view of how Execution Centers work collaboratively on a global level to support our clients.
During the 12- 18 month in-dept programme, candidates will be assessed to fully determine the area(s) suitable to their skills, knowledge, background, aptitude, exposure and passion.
Final placement (Permanent positions) will be in the Guyana Operations, supporting the designated department / vessel.
• Ensure activities are completed with consistency and in compliance with work requirements, applicable employment laws & regulations, applicable policies, codes, standards, regulations, and industry practices
• Engage in all training / learning programme(s) as identified
• Prepare statutory / periodic/ ad hoc reports pertinent to the assigned remit
• Work collectively with teams and other graduates to develop new initiatives/ programs that can further develop/enhance the roles and functions of the team/company.
• Be willing to engage in team meetings/discussions on pertinent matters where necessary.
• Take ownership and/or coordination of specific departmental activities.
• Fulfill predefined tasks (developmental/job specific as assigned)
• Perform research activities to bring clarity on specific issues/topics.
• Manage technical documents.
• Administrative duties as assigned by (management, the global/ local department, or the project).
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all data, information, records, and responsibilities entrusted to you.
• Participate in focused training, team meetings, work on projects and present your results.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Recent (within 2 years) Engineering degree (Computer Science/Information Technology, Chemical, Mechanical, Aerospace/Nautical, Physics, Marine, Naval, Civil, Electrical, Automation/control) from a recognized University
• Ability and desire to work and travel internationally
• Capable of undertaking challenging assignments and possess quality leadership
• Computer literate in all standard software applications, very good command of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
• Proficient in English (verbal and written)
• Have a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to be tolerant of differing opinions and views
• Excellent presentation, organization and communication skills (both written and verbally).
• Monday to Friday, office hours
• Office located in Georgetown and other international locations (as assigned)
• Busy, fast-paced environment
• Permanent, full-time position
• Competitive salary
• Medical and Life Insurance benefits
Closing date for submission of all resumes is Tuesday, September 20, 2022