Graduate Engineers (Trainees)
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for several Recently Graduated Engineers to join our Engineering Development Program. In this program you will rotate between various departments, projects and locations to become fully indoctrinated in SBM’s business. With this well-developed base of knowledge you will be well on your way down your chosen career path as an Engineer within the SBM Group.
The Engineer Development Program is meant to provide recently graduated Engineers with the foundational knowledge they need to begin their career in the oil and gas industry. To achieve this you will rotate amongst various departments to learn the key processes and procedures that enable us to efficiently support our projects and operations. You will work at one or more of our International locations to gain exposure to SBM’s different lines of business and to help you gain a broad view of how our Execution Centres work collaboratively on a global level to support our clients. After completion of this 12-18 month indoctrination, you and your manager will determine which area best suits your skills, aptitude and passion.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Recent (within 2 years) Engineering degree (Computer Science/Information Technology, Chemical, Mechanical, Aerospace/Nautical, Physics, Marine, Naval, Civil, Electrical, Automation/control) from a recognized University
· Ability and desire to work and travel internationally
· Ability and interest to work with different cultures
· Capable of undertaking challenging assignments and possess the quality of leadership
· Proactive with good communication skills
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
· Extensive safety and technical training provided
If you are interested in developing a career in the oil and gas industry, please send your CV to:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.