Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
Under the Direction of the Safety Director and Supervised by Location Manager, ensure safety training and promoting all aspects of the Safety Management System (SMS) throughout the company. Maintain the safety needs for all administrative, & shop personnel. Promote Safety as a positive aspect of the overall safety process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
2. Document all aspects of the required training, audits, pre-jobs, etc.
3. Ensure required safety meetings are conducted, documented, and reported monthly (Proactive Efforts).
4. Ensure Safety Alerts and HIPO's are communicated and documented in a timely manner.
5. Assist in required audits/surveys, JSA, Pre-Job Checklist, Pre-Departure Meetings, Customer Meetings.
6. Ensure pro-active efforts are captured monthly and reported (training, safety meetings, audits, etc.).
7. Recommend initiatives to enhance safety to the Safety Director / Manager via email.
8. Assist HR in providing driver qualification info to obtain MVR's (driver qual list).
9. Participate in Incident/Injury investigations including the preparation of RCA'**Document (SIRS Database), oversee data is in database, and close out action items.
10. Maintain a working knowledge & implementation of Frank's Safety Management System.
11. Conduct safety observations and actively participate in the STAR program (correct at-risk behaviors).
12. Assist with injuries & obtain required paperwork (incident reports, return to work, restrictions, etc.).
13. Assist in emergency situations as needed or as trained to do so.
14. Assist the Safety Director in analyzing incident/injury causes and hazards (through trends and stats) to personnel, property, and develop recommended preventive measures.
15. Create safety presentations as needed.
16. Maintain knowledge of safety documents and manuals for the company.
17. Prepare Environmental procedures as required and oversee compliance.
18. Attend customer meetings and HSE workshops to remain abreast on safety and customer standards.
19. Prepare and distribute new or revised SMS documents.
20. Prepare any HSE plans required by the company.
21. Enter safety incidents and other non-conformances are imputed into the SIRS database.
22. Organize fire alarm and fire drill testing as required.
23. Perform safety inspections of offices and workshops.
24. Special projects as needed as it relates to HSE.
25. Assist in maintain a smooth flow of information within the Safety Department as well as to key management personnel, customers and line employees.
a visible commitment to safety, use positive reinforcement, make one-on-one
contacts to discuss safety with management and line personnel.
1. BSc/BA in Occupational Health and Safety.
3. A minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
4. Proficient in Microsoft office suite and functional HSE programs (LOTO, Incident investigation, HSE Audits, Risk Assessment)