Join Our Database!
We are searching for an HSE Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting local management in establishing and continuously improving the worksite health, safety, and environment (HSE) culture, with assisting line management in comprehending and implementing the HSE Management System.
• Assist line management with Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System; monitoring HSE
objectives; liaising with local contractors and agencies regarding HSE; assessing local risks; generating local HSE
procedures, work instructions, and checklists; preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE
Management System is implemented at the location level; monitoring compliance to policies, standards and
procedures; compliance audits and self-audits.
• Advise management on corrective actions required.
• Coordinate and participate in screening and HSE training of personnel, including contractors.
• Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly.
• Ensure that HSE documentation is updated and available onsite.
• Advise management on the level of local HSE compliance with Schlumberger, local and host country regulations.
• Monitor and follow up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings and HSE audits.
• Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
• Maintain a high level of HSE awareness among personnel through communication, training, and promoting
involvement in HSE programs.
• Recommend improvements to the HSE program.
• Review database to ensure that logged data is correct and up to date.
• Analyze HSE trends for the location.
• Conduct yourself and carry out all duties with the highest level of confidentiality and professional integrity.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• BSc/BA in safety management, engineering, or relevant field is preferred
• Certificate in occupational health and safety
• Minimum of 3-4 years industrial and/or service industry experience
• Sound knowledge of compliance with regulations associated with OSHA and EPA
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus