The HSSE Advisor is responsible for the development and implementation of HSSE plans, programs and initiatives as well as overseeing the Company's employee’s safety at work. The HSSE Advisor shall assist in the oversight over all operations ensuring that HSSE systems are maintained. It is the responsibility of the HSSE Advisor to assist in the coordination of the HSSE department activities ensuring that supervision, support, and guidance is provided to personnel within the department. Ensure compliance across all sectors of the organization to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) guidelines.
1. Promoting and supporting an HSE culture from within by leading the implementation of core HSE programs, policies, and initiatives. Implementing changes to work practice that reduce risk and comply with legislation. Advise on specialist areas e.g fire regulation, safeguard machinery, hazardous substances, envi ronmental and occupational diseases.
2. Ensuring Regulatory Compliance- Compliance with local and corporate requirement relating to training, record keeping, permits, reports, policy, procedures, and other related compliance issues.
3. Project Management/Operational Support- To provide full HSSE coverage on all Operations in compliance with Ramps Safe System of Works, review risk as sessment, JSA and ensure controls measures are implemented. Development of JMP, HSSE/ Operational Plans.
4. Leads HSSE incident investigations and reports as needed, assist with case management and following up on occupational injuries/illnesses.
5. Create and modifies HSE policies, processes, and procedures.
6. Substance Abuse Programs – Assist in implementation of Drug and Alcohol policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· BSc/BA in Occupational Health and Safety
· NEBOSH General Certification would be an asset.
· A minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
· Experience in Warehousing and Construction would be an asset.
· Proficient in Microsoft office suite and functional HSE programs (LOTO, Incident investigation, HSE Audits, Risk Assessment)
· Responsible for the supervision of all critical or high-risk operation in conjunction with Projects or Operations Lead.
· Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
· Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
· Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
· Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisors.
· Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
· Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
· Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
· Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
· Report all incidents immediately to your supervisor.
· Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken.
· Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
· All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
· Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
· Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
· Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet deadlines, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
· Problem Solving Skills – must be solution oriented and possesses advance analytical skills related to functional areas and impact on overall business.
· Detail Oriented - especially when generating various reports.
· Communication – must be excellent at both verbal and written communication, embraces public speaking.
· Strong leadership qualities- Must be able to successfully lead and completed projects assigned efficiently and effectively. Works with minimum supervision.
· Physical demand – Office and Field Base
· May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
· Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).
Fast paced environment.
DEADLINE: August 23rd ,2021