HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a Human Resource Business Partner to work at our Georgetown Shore base.
· Add value to the business leadership team on human resource related issue
· Ensure that SBM achieves competitive advantage through its Human Capital Strategy
· You are the line manager’s single point of contact for all Human Resource related matters, ensuring a strong focus on SBM’s values as well as a long-term Human Capital View
· The HRBP leads change management initiatives compliant with (local and global) law and legislation and align with SBM tools, instruments and procedures (within the remit)
· You are also the local partner for the HR expertise areas in the successful implementation/execution/ monitoring of policies, processes and projects
· You will participate in the development and implementation of (new) HR Systems, Policies, processes and programs
· Monitor, execute and support workforce plans (e.g. recruitment plans, development plans, capacity and utilization plans) with a good understanding of business targets
· Engage and act upon full scope of the employee life cycle (from recruitment/onboarding, to career development, compensation and benefits and ending with departure)
· Act as a consultant/coach to managers and staff to increase organizational performance, improved personal/team performance, increase effective communications and improve relationships
· Act as a mediator and confidential sound board when issues arise between employee and manager; Escalate issues when required
· Organize, plan and lead activities that allow stakeholders to measure and increase staff engagement (i.e. engagement survey, HR statistics…)
· Prepare (change) plans so that organizational, leadership and process changes are executed in a structured manner as well as communicated, understood, acted upon and delivered in a timely manner
· Provide recommendations to improve HR policies and procedures whilst analyzing potential exposures, bearing in mind the cost impact of the decisions taken.
· Ensure new HR programs and initiatives are communicated, understood, acted upon and delivered in a timely manner.
· Consult with leaders on performance based annual salary increases and Short and Long Term Incentive Programs
· Apply department Compensation Analysis benchmarks to drive recruitment and retention decisions
· Prepare and analyze turnover data for management review
· Compile accurate, compliant documentation to mitigate potential claims and/or damages to the organization by assessing risks and advising managers and employees on HR related issues (e.g. promotions, disciplinary issues, terminations) to meet external employment labor laws requirements and internal procedures
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements; Ensure local compliance requirements for HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training) and report non-compliance as necessary
· Provide analytics and review with managers to make decisions on resource capacity planning, organizational design and implement the relevant strategy for sourcing and developing staff
· Possess current knowledge of the populations’ skills and abilities and compare to current organizational structure. Provide input on business unit restructures based upon capabilities and validated succession plans
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Minimum BSc in Human Resource Management or related field
· Minimum 5 years of HR management experience
· Proficiency with employee relations
· Knowledge of Labour Laws of Guyana
· Excellent communication skills, analytical thinking ability and a strong proactive attitude
· Accurate, independent, innovative, customer-oriented and flexible work ethic
· Strong leadership and problem solving skills
· Monday to Friday, office hours
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.