HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Human Resource Officer works closely with the Human Resource Manager and the Senior Human Resource Officer to not only ensure that the basic functions of the Human Resource Department are completed but also to create a functional working environment for Management and employees alike. This position also provides administrative and clerical support services to the Human Resource Manager regarding human resources activities, policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Track employees’ birthdays and work anniversaries and ensure greetings and tokens are provided to employees for birthdays, anniversaries, birth of children and death of relatives
• Develop and execute a yearly calendar for biannual staff meetings and public/national holidays for all territories within which we operate
• Development and issuance of employee survey and analysis of findings together with recommendations.
• Manage the Company’s employee recognition program by ensuring proper marketing of the program, collation, and dissemination of information regarding nominees and the announcement and provision of prize to the winner by the 1st week following the selection of the winner.
• Aid in the execution of a companywide Job Evaluation/Analysis.
• Aid in the writing and revision of job descriptions
• Assist in determining position classifications, preparing and updating salary scales
• Aid in the coordination of the annual salary increase exercise and bonus payments.
• Notify the Finance department of changes to employees’ salaries (increases, reductions, deductions for medical plan)
• Research compensation trends and review compensation surveys.
• Assist in the implementation and revision of the Company’s compensation program.
• Help in the development and implementation of compensation policies.
Employee/ Industrial Relations
• Coordinate and participate in disciplinary hearings
• Recommend actions to be taken and prepare of disciplinary letters
• Assist in the management of the implementation and administration of policies and procedures
• Identify policy deficiencies and aid in drafting new and reviewing existing policies
• Monitor employees’ attendance and punctuality records and identify employees who are excessively absent or tardy.
• Assist in the development and completion of the Employee Handbook
• Liaise with the Labour Ministry or any other recognized labour advisory bodies regarding employee/ industrial relations matters.
• Provide support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines.
• Assist in the coordination of the Performance Appraisal Exercise
• Maintain the Performance Appraisal database, ensure all information is updated after the deadline for submission of performance appraisals
• Assist in the review and revision of the performance management system as needed.
• Aid in the coordination of the Performance Appraisal Exercise and in Performance Review Appeals.
• Monitor and Report on Performance Reviews – to identify Non-Performing employees, assist Managers in the development of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) and monitor and report on PIPs. Run, manage, and share reports pertinent to Performance Management inclusive of the identification of trends in performance reports and suggestion of improvement.
• Aid in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of career progression and paths for employees.
• Aid in the identification of critical competencies for each job family, and each role within a job family, maintaining the competencies database.
• Work alongside in the creation of the Company’s succession plan.
• Ensuring that performance methods, tools, and training are developed, maintained, and integrated with other HR programs, operations, and technologies.
• Develop and complete reports pertinent to Performance Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management,
• Certification in Industrial Relations
• Minimum of 2 years HR experience in a similar position
• Knowledge and experience in Labour Legislation and Regulations and Practices of Industrial Relations
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisors.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Manager once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Manager.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken.
• Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
• Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
• Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under pressure with detail orientation and professional grace.
• Diplomatic and strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
• Strong with numbers: numbers-oriented, as this role involves quantitative analysis.
• Analytically inclined: required to analyze trends, surveys, and spreadsheets as to determine compensation and benefits strategies.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from Home.
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).