Join Our Database!
IMPORT AND EXPORT SPECIALIST
We are searching for an Import/Export Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing import/export process productivity. The Import-Export Specialist will be working with logistics service providers to ensure that the movement of goods in and out is done in compliance with customs regulations while aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods to product lines.
The candidate’s duties may include the following:
• Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of
documentation and verify compliance standards.
• Update import and export systems as needed or locally defined in the assigned country, including data and
document storage where necessary.
• Analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements to reduce the cost of imports and exports.
• Be responsible and accountable for performance factors related to service level agreements in the country.
• Manage daily customs broker operations and ensure performance is monitored, targeting lead time and cost
• Liaise with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues.
• Be responsible and accountable for ensuring all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to
incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct
regulatory self-audits for compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing,
maintenance and retention systems.
• Manage daily customs and trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standards.
• Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organizations in the country.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of Import regulations and shipping processes.
• Possess exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to go the extra mile to meet tight deadlines, company goals as well as customer deadlines and expectations.
• Intermediate proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.