Join Our Database!
Instrument & Controls Engineer
We are looking for an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to work onshore at our Georgetown shore base.
The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer is responsible for the proper design and selection of all instrumentation necessary for the safe and optimum operation of the asset. It is expected that the Instrument Engineer will work with Engineers and Designers both within and outside the discipline to ensure instruments are selected, installed, and configured for optimum operation and accuracy.
As Instrumentation Engineer the incumbent must properly apply discipline knowledge, such as specific sizing and selection knowledge to meet all required process and contractual requirements.
- Provide technical support on all Instrument and Control related queries for Guyana fleet.
- Provide strategic development of Instrument related working procedures and processes.
- Provide creation and/or ownership of Operations Instrumentation documentation.
- Provide reviews in company internal standard Instrumentation documentation.
- Provide Operational Feedback and support to new projects.
- Provide Instrumentation experience and active involvement to internal company projects or initiatives within and out with Assets Integrity when required.
- Perform Pre-Start up and Operational Audits as required.
- Report on Monthly KPI’s with follow up on Actions generated.
- Continuous improvement of the operability of the instrument systems throughout Guyana fleet in relation to maintenance, reliability, and safety.
- Undertake instrument related studies to determine root causes of failures and recommend remedial actions.
- Local Authority for Technical review of MOC processes related to Control and Instrumentation SCR / OQ / OTQ etc
Develop engineering documents in a manner that the design intent can be interpreted correctly.
- Complete tasks in compliance with applicable engineering codes, industry standards/regulations and work procedures
- Proactively interface with Discipline Lead and peers for resolving issues, sharing information and progress
- Seek clarification or guidance as soon as difficulties arise; recommend alternative solutions
- Perform thorough self-check of all deliverables prior to submission for review /approval
- Properly plan work to allow adequate time for documents to be thoroughly checked to ensure accuracy.
- Proactively provide Discipline Lead with status updates, highlight concerns as they arise, and prioritize assigned activities to meet key milestones
- Ensure activities are completed with consistency and in compliance with applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
NB: Travel offshore to perform duties is required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- University degree or technical diploma in Instrument, Electrical, Electronics, Process, Mechanical, or Industrial engineering
- Minimum Three (3) years’ experience in a technical role with similar responsibilities
- Experience with Hazardous area classification and design standards.
- Experience in Safety systems (Functional Safety knowledge is desirable).
- Proven competency and experience in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Monday to Friday, office hours
- Office located in Georgetown
- Busy, fast-paced environment
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Life Insurance benefits
Currently, we are
seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
Closing date for submission of all resumes is Tuesday, September 13,