SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water
Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is
located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown
We are looking for an Instrument Technician to work offshore on the Liza Destiny FPSO.
· Dismantle instrument equipment using the appropriate method by identifying potential sources of hazard prior to dismantling
· Carry out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure
· Identify, check and prepare components
· Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective
· Monitor and maintain the condition of instrument equipment; adjusting instrument to meet the operating specification
· Make adjustments with minimum disruption to any ongoing activities and minimum waste resources
· Monitor and record what is been carried out in work history or log
· Diagnose faults in equipment by selecting appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically
· Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures
· Carry out visual, close and detailed inspections on equipment
· Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take
· Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
· Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
· Carry out emergency role; demonstrating competence during emergency response drills and training exercise
· Perform any additional duties are required by OIM/Unit Superintendent/or HOD to maintain safe and efficient running of the unit
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in Instrument Engineering or local equivalent
· 3 years experience preferred with offshore experience
· Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
· Good experience of Permit to Work, Instrument/Mechanical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
· CompEx course preferred
· Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Offshore on a 28 days onboard / 28 days of leave rotation, 12-hours per day
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
· Extensive safety and technical training provided
If you are interested in a career working offshore, please submit your CV to:
Deadline for Application: June 29th, 2020
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.