Join Our Database!
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of vessel movements, unloading and loading of materials utilized in an offshore drilling campaign.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the coordination of the unloading and loading of cargo by verifying:
• Cargo to be loaded, and ensuring there is clear understanding of what cargo will be loaded from the Cargo Marshalling Storage Yard (CMSY) and if there is any offsite cargo to be staged. Ensure all loading discrepancies are resolved before the vessel get to the port by liaising with the manifestos. Leaving only weights to be checked for each unit when loading begins.
• Cargo to be discharged before actual discharged by checking the cargo onboard as per inbound manifest relaying all discrepancies to the manifestos.
• Cargo to remain onboard as floating storage cargo.
• Bulk cargo onboard with the vessel Bridge or engineer.
• Sign and send out the verified manifest immediately after the operations and upload to the one drive
2. Ensure all vessel movement arrangements are made 4-6 hours prior to movement by:
• Informing lighthouse and linesmen as required
• Sending out the vessel update email.
• Ensuring pilot booking forms is completed for vessel movements, clearly stating if pilot is required or not.
• Maintain vessel movement log
3. Prepare customs reporting and clearance documents for:
• Coastal Clearance i.e. transires, Application to Unload/Load at a Sufferance Wharf (C12), Request for Extra Attendance of Officers (C43)
• International Clearance i.e. Reporting Document (C4), Ship and Bad Order List document (C6), Application to Amend by Addition (C7), Application to Amend by Deduction (C8), Application to Unload/Load at a Sufferance Wharf (C12), Content-Ship Document (C16), Clearance for Steamship (C18), Request for Extra Attendance of Officers (C43), Port Health, and Immigrations and Customs documents.
• Fueling of vessels i.e. – Application to Unload/Load at a Sufferance wharf (C12), Permit to Ship Stores (C28), Request for Extra Attendance of Officers (C43), Tranisre or Reporting Document (C4)
4. Request Drafts for Customs payments and maintain the payments log by:
• Reporting and clearing - coastally and Internationally
• Permit to ship stores
• Log all drafts received for customs payments
• Ensure all receipts are logged and passed to Customer Care Specialist, indicating outstanding receipts to Team Lead for oncoming shift to follow up on.
5. Scan and upload all signed documents onto the one drive such as permission letters, Reporting Document (C4), Application to Unload/Load at a Sufferance Wharf (C12), Content-Ship Document (C16), Clearance for Steamship (C18), Permit to Ship Stores (C28), tranisres, and Immigrations Regulation
6. Service Perform Customs Extra Attendance Work Orders and Customs Meals
7. Assist with preparing Key Performance Indicators reports when assigned
8. Any other duties that may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a diploma in a technical field of study.
• Knowledge of dangerous cargo will be an asset
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in a freight and brokerage role will be an asset.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Team Lead.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Team Lead once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Team Lead.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken; and
• Tag and Report any and all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to adapt to dynamic environment
• Ability to pay attention to detail
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Technical Analysis of requests - quickly process and understand requests, identify where external assistance is needed, document concisely and clearly what is required, plan how to respond.
• Problem solving - suggest recommended actions rather than just ask for help, come up with innovative ideas, pre-emptively identify issues with existing procedures and implement solutions.
• Quality Assurance – Quickly picks up technical errors, typos, issues with sentence construction, gaps in logic, incorrect or missing pricing, whilst reviewing requests, quotes and technical proposals
• Teamwork and Emotional Intelligence - work well with others in the department, work well with other departments, build mutual trust and respect, develop strong professional relationships with others in the company, display emotional intelligence when dealing with others.
• MS Office - Intermediate to Advance in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
• Physical demand – Office and field work
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).
DEADLINE: October 29th, 2021
Interested persons can submit their applications to our office at 23 Brickdam, Stabroek Georgetown or via our website www.eldoradooffshore.com. Or via email email@example.com