IT FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST
IT FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels.
We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an IT Field Support Specialist to work primarily onshore at our Georgetown Shorebase. Occasional visits offshore will also be required.
The IT Field Support Specialist is accountable for applying disciplined knowledge and to act as a partner to specific stakeholder groups (Shore base, Vessels, or any other) which require IT support.
The IT Specialist is responsible for supporting these stakeholders in alignment with the Group IT strategic and/operational priorities.
• Responsible for supporting, governing and contributing to a fully integrated and aligned IT Strategy in the SBM Organization.
• Liaise, work together with- and advise colleagues within different regional locations and disciplines;
• Execute the processes and best practices necessary to work according to the direction and strategy, and procedures of Group IT (and make suggestions for improvement if required);
• Support the Service delivery team in solving complex problems and visiting locations where SBM stakeholders are working.
• Keep the IT community informed on any new initiatives and decisions taken that might have an impact on day-to-day business;
• Ensure a cross functional alignment to minimize down-time within the overall IT landscape;
• Administrate the local assets to align with Group IT Asset Administration policies and procedures.
• Administrate local Requests and Incidents according to Group IT policies and procedures.
• Plan and deliver assigned tasks with accuracy to meet stakeholders needs in a
• Identify areas requiring more detailed instructions and clarify as necessary with
stakeholders to ensure no surprises;
• Identify areas for potential issues and proactively communicate with stakeholders to resolve issues, share information and provide guidance as required;
• Perform thorough self-check of all solutions prior to release for use by stakeholders;
• Properly plan work to allow adequate time for stakeholder feedback and adjustments to
ensure intended functionality;
• Network with stakeholders to serve as a source of support in executing project deliverables; ensure proactive two-way communication
• Produce consistent/organized instructions in a well-structured format to convey required
information to stakeholders or peers.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
• Minimum of 5 years experience in IT Field Support or similar role.
• Experience in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 environment.
• Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining desktops / laptops, peripherals and other end user equipment, including mobility devices and audio/visual conferencing equipment.
• Experience and knowledge of basic networking protocols and troubleshooting steps for wired and wireless networks.
• Experience working in an IT operations team with interactions with infrastructure, applications, service management, senior management and functional business teams.
• Working knowledge with an IT ticketing system such as Service Now.
• Experience and knowledge of ITIL processes of Incident, Request, Problem management, Change management and Asset management.
• Able to demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written), organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively individually and with a team.
• Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to work effectively in a service-oriented environment.
• Ability to lift or carry up to 25 kg.
• Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
• Office located in Georgetown.
• Occasional over-night visits to offshore vessels.
• Busy, fast-paced environment.
• Permanent, full-time position
• Competitive salary
• Medical and Dental benefits
At this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently residing in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.