IT SECURITY SPECIALIST
The Specialist should be adept in diagnosing and managing hardware and software related computer issues, have
in-depth knowledge of network video recorder systems, security cameras and wide area networks (WANs). This
candidate must possess skills in Networking, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Port
Forwarding, and diagnostics skills that contribute to the success of the organization
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Effectively troubleshoot issues arising from employee’s workstations, computers,
and peripheral devices. Capture these events in the company’s Helpdesk system.
2. Install and configure appropriate hardware and software systems where required.
3. Track and monitor day-to-day performance of systems, and conduct analysis with the
goal of improving performance (KPI’s). Employee will be responsible for reporting
daily on these KPIs.
4. Organize and schedule routine service/maintenance of computer hardware for all
office locations. These include physically opening the devices and removing
dust/debris from both computers and printers to ensure optimal operation,
replacing faulty parts, and documenting all activities within.
5. Stocking taking of inks for printers and IT related stock. (Laptops, monitors, printers,
6. Camera Uptime Reporting – The employee will be responsible for sending out daily
reports on camera uptime and escalating to the IT Technician where necessary.
7. Troubleshoot camera system issues e.g. restoring cameras that went offline,
installation and repair of cameras, cable management, and any software issues
arising with the NVR.
8. Executing tests on various camera systems across the company's offices.
9. Ensure optimal functioning of all I.T related systems for security
10. Research Camera and Security Systems and present findings to management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of 5 subjects CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
• A BSc in Computing will be an asset
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar field
• Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisors.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or
external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective
• Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with – especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will
get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high
priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Attention to details -Be able to fix small types of oversight before a task is completed.
• Strong Communication Skills – Be able to communicate effectively with personnel’s internal and external.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office work, and some remote work required to resolve technical issues.
• May attend virtual or in-person workshops, meetings, etc.