Join Our Database!
IT System Specialist
We are looking for an IT Systems Specialist to work primarily onshore at our Georgetown Shore base. Occasional visits offshore will also be required.
The IT Systems Specialist is accountable for applying disciplined knowledge and to act as a partner to specific stakeholder groups (Shore base, Vessels, or any other) which require IT support.
The IT Specialist is responsible for supporting these stakeholders in alignment with the Group IT strategic and/operational priorities.
You will provide advice within your area of expertise and are expected to remain at the forefront of developments to identify innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks that will increase the overall quality and efficiency.
Responsible for supporting, governing, and contributing to a fully integrated and aligned IT Strategy in the organization.
Liaise, work together with- and advise colleagues within different regional locations and disciplines.
Execute the processes and best practices necessary to work according to the direction and strategy, and procedures of Group IT (and make suggestions for improvement if required).
Initiate actions, preparing materials/ presentations and suggestions for the Group Department Manager/Group IT Director to align with the Management Board with regards to specific projects.
Support the Service delivery team in solving complex problems and visiting locations where the stakeholders are working.
Keep the IT community informed on any new initiatives and decisions taken that might have an impact on day-to-day business.
Ensure a cross functional alignment to minimize down-time within the overall IT landscape.
Plan and deliver assigned tasks with accuracy to meet stakeholders needs in a timely manner.
Identify areas requiring more detailed instructions and clarify as necessary with stakeholders to ensure there is clarity on all subjects/matters.
Identify areas for potential issues and proactively communicate with stakeholders to resolve issues, share information, and provide guidance as required.
Seek clarification or guidance as soon as difficulties arise and recommend alternative solutions.
Perform thorough self-check of all solutions prior to release for use by stakeholders.
Properly plan work to allow adequate time for stakeholder feedback and adjustments to ensure intended functionality.
Network with stakeholders to serve as a source of support in executing project deliverables; ensure proactive two-way communication
Produce consistent/organized instructions in a well-structured format to convey required
information to stakeholders or peers.
Apply and document applicable lessons learned in the execution of activities to enable information sharing, increase project efficiencies, and support/develop best practices
Ensure solutions are communicated and documented in a manner that is easily understood by others
Complete tasks in compliance with applicable standards and work procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Systems Specialist role (Senior or Lead Position)
• Must possess relevant systems’ certifications – AD, Exchange, Wintel, Azure, Citrix, Storage, Netapps, Commvault (please provide with the application)
• Minimum specialist experience in implementing and maintaining Windows Server environment up to Windows 2016 with a working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies and DNS.
• Minimum medium experience in implementing and maintaining MS Exchange environments On-Prem and Cloud.
• Minimum medium experience in implementing and maintaining Azure, Office365 and MS Teams.
• Minimum specialist experience in implementing and maintaining VMware ESX environments with a deep knowledge of the various mechanisms associated (HA, Virtual networking, version upgrade, migration …);
• Good knowledge in implementing and maintaining Citrix environment preferred.
• Able to demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written), organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively individually and with a team.
• Should be energetic, independent, self-motivated, self-learner and able to manage complexity.
• Required to work after office hours or on weekends when necessary.
• Network knowledge will be added advantage.
• Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
• Office located in Georgetown.
• Occasional over-night visits to offshore vessels.
• Busy, fast-paced environment.
• Permanent, full-time position
• Competitive salary
• Medical and Dental benefits
At this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently residing in Guyana.