The Logistics Coordinator provides logistics and supply chain management support to the company’s offshore drilling program, prepares lifting plans for vessels, and supervises the delivery of materials, equipment, and cargo between wharves and airports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Arrange berthing facilities as required.
2. Act as the liaison and coordinator for the berthing of offshore drilling rigs and supply vessels.
3. Supervise the loading and unloading of vessels and other inland base traffic.
4. Arrange necessary stevedoring.
5. Arrange pilots and pilot boats where necessary.
6. Monitor movement of third-party supplier materials and supplies to vessels under charter to or owned by the company.
7. Supervise all contractor personnel, including but not limited to Laborers, Warehouse and Yard Crews, Stevedores, Dock Hands, Equipment Operators, and Roustabouts.
8. Expedite shipments and the acquisition of goods, materials, and services when required by the company.
9. Supervise Customs clearance and freight forwarding services
10. Arrange materials, supplies, or equipment delivery to other wharves or the airport to be received and transported to the supply base, including, without limitation, performing necessary administrative functions, transfers, paperwork, and other details to accomplish such transfers.
11. Assist in providing trucking when the company requests to transfer the Company’s or Company’s third-party supplier drilling tools, equipment, or consumable materials.
12. Ensure appropriate oil spill response kits are on-hand and in working condition, in conjunction with an approved oil spill response plan
13. Ensure customer cargo is returned within forty-eight (48) hours after the arrival of cargo.
14. Maintain an inventory at the Shore Base to ensure all customers are aware of cargo outstanding to collect.
15. Liaise with clients daily to ensure cargo is collected.
16. Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Degree in Nautical Science, Maritime Operations or a related field
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar position
• Knowledge of the shipping industry will be considered an asset
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisor.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate supervisor once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken; and
• Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Technical Analysis of requests - quickly process and understand requests, identify where external assistance is needed, document concisely and clearly what is required, plan how to respond.
• Problem solving - suggest recommended actions rather than ask for help, develop innovative ideas, pre-emptively identify issues with existing procedures, and implement solutions.
• Quality Assurance – Quickly picks up technical errors, typos, issues with sentence construction, gaps in logic, incorrect or missing pricing while reviewing requests, quotes, and technical proposals
• Teamwork and Emotional Intelligence - work well with others in the department, work well with other departments, build mutual trust and respect, develop strong professional relationships with others in the company, display emotional intelligence when dealing with others.
• MS Office - Intermediate to Advance in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).
• Foreign travel is possible.