Optimizes domestic and international shipments to ensure goods are procured and/or manufactured, delivered and onward shipped.
Ensure Transport requests are processed and sent on to relevant transport providers in a timely manner.
Understands business requirements and liaises with freight forwarders.
Role requires full understanding and proactive engagement to mitigate constraints to execution of shipments, including but not limited to hazardous cargo.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
· First degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Management from a recognized University.
· At least 3 years’ experience in Logistics
· Must be able to use Microsoft suite – particularly Microsoft Excel
· Experience working with and ERP – SAP preferred
· Experience in managing Import and Export processes
· Experience in managing Transport vendors
· Experience in dealing with Custom brokers and Freight Forwarders.
· Keen attention to detail and managing of costs.
Deadline: 7th June 2021.