MARINE ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
The Marine Administrative Clerk is responsible for the provision of administrative and clerical support Services to Marine Agency. The incumbent will also be responsible for processing voyage logs, permit applications and maintaining the Departments records.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Send Vessel particulars to Maritime Administration for Harbour Dues Calculation for new vessels.
2. Log Transactions such as Report and Clearance fees and request cheques for payment to Maritime as the agent of the vessel.
3. Upload all supporting document for transactions to Magaya/Odoo for Invoicing.
4. Update Voyage Logs to keep track of vessel movements.
5. File and track all Renew applications for In-Water permits. (IWA)
6. Coordinate all Ship Sanitation Inspections
7. Update and send Projects Vessels Boarding Party, In-Water Permits (IWA) and Customs document logs three (3) times per week.
8. Create and request final invoice for Vessel movement.
9. Receive and process all Marine Agency requests from clients.
10. Assist in the preparation of customs documents.
11. Ensure daily clearance updates are sent to the required partied within a specific timeframe.
12. Maintain all department records and files
13. Any other duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of five (5) subjects CSEC, including passes in Mathematics and English Language.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar field.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisor.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken; and
• Tag and Report any and all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Attention to details – Be able to identify and fix small typos and oversight before a task is completed.
• Strong communication – be able to effectively communicate via various means.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
• May attend virtual or in-person workshops, meetings, etc.