Material Logistics Coordinator
We are looking for a Material Logistics Coordinator to work onshore at our Georgetown shore base.
The Material Logistics Coordinator ensures that equipment and services are expedited, inspected, and delivered in full compliance with budget, required quantities, contractual agreements, expected quality and schedule constraints. During the execution of the order and until final delivery, you monitor the progress, prevent any issues, raise alerts, and recommend action plans.
This pivotal role collaborates with the offshore vessels and shore base to actively engage and reinforce all relevant working relationships. The incumbent will also build and maintain partnerships with vendors to meet shared objectives as per Company requirements and in line with the local and international regulations.
- Responsible for interfacing with external third parties involved in expediting, inspection, logistics and material control activities (i.e.: agencies, freight forwarders, customs, or other officials).
- Implement strategies and plans (expediting, inspection, customs, transports).
- When necessary, perform appropriate purchasing activities from RFQ, CBE to PO award and in full compliance with Company working procedures for transport activities.
- Ensure that vendors and third parties have all necessary information to execute the order (i.e.: standard Quality Control Plan (QCP), shipping & marking requirements, technical requirements)
- Perform thorough check of all deliverables submitted by vendors and third parties.
- Monitor the performance of logistics third parties (i.e., agencies, freight forwarders)
- Conduct regular follow-ups to retrieve updates and accurate information and institute action plans whenever appropriate.
- Formalize adequately all necessary input to decision makers (e.g.: reporting).
- Ensures that updated data are populated in Supply Chain applications on a timely manner
- Proactively interface with internal stakeholders (Operations, Finance, Tax, Legal, Compliance…) for sharing information and progress, and for resolving issues.
- Ensure implementation of any agreed recovery actions plans.
- Make sure the local customs and transport regulations are properly followed (e.g. documents being well registered, compliance standards and rules fully applied) and liaise with authorities whenever required.
- Comply with Company Working Procedures related to expediting, inspection, logistics and coordinate all necessary activities with the assigned expeditors.
- Review and approve invoices received from Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers etc against agreed prices in contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- BSc. or equivalent in Material Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration
- Minimum of Three (3) Years proven experience working in a similar role (Cargo Management)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Very good command of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases (Microsoft Suite)
- Be familiarized with the Export Control regulations
- Strong HSSE mindset
- Knowledge of Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Monday to Friday, office hours
- Office located in Georgetown
- Busy, fast-paced environment
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Life Insurance benefits
Currently, we are seeking candidates who are
Guyanese and living in Guyana
Closing date for submission of resumes is Tuesday, August 02, 2022.