SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to work offshore.
• Dismantle, repair and reassemble mechanical equipment using correct isolation, disconnection and reconnection procedures;
• Identifying potential hazards prior to dismantling
• Use condition monitoring and adjust instruments to meet the operating specification;
• Diagnose faults through diagnostic procedures, visual, closed or detailed inspections;
• Maintain environmental protection and pollution control measures;
• Contribute to Health and Safety by working in a safe manner, encouraging others to work in a safe manner, stopping unsafe acts, maintaining a work
environment free of hazards, reporting all health and safety incidents;
• Emergency response duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or local equivalent
• 3 years’ experience desired with offshore experience preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
• Good experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
• Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Offshore on a 28 days onboard / 28 days of leave rotation, 12-hours per day
• Permanent, full-time position
• Competitive salary
• Medical and Dental benefits
• Extensive safety and technical training provided
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.