Operations Engineer (Junior)
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for an Operations Engineer (Junior) to work onshore at our Georgetown Shorebase.
· Ensure safety, integrity and performance of the operating facility
· Coordinate efficiently between the asset group, the offshore facility, the engineering support group, vendors and the client
· Provide expertise to solve technical & organizational issues
· Ensure regulatory compliance by following up on class issues, local regulations and flag
· Assume the position of Emergency responder for major incidents
· Manage continuous improvement and optimization of the business tool
· Analyze technical and financial data to be able to propose improvements
· Ensure implementation of optimization initiatives
· Develop a 90 days annual operations plan and three year Operations Plan
· Report weekly to the management team and monthly to area management team.
· Implement company standards and complete MS verifications offshore and onshore. Follow-up on the closeout of the suggestions for the Business Process Improvement Request (BPIR) of the unit.
· Develop and maintain GEMs procedures, processes (be a GEMS champion).
· Respond adequately to Client queries (with a high quality level)
· Propose optimizations and brownfield initiatives to the client
· Have a global understanding of supporting activities (Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE), contracts, procurement, logistics, finance, Human Resources (HR)) to be able to bridge gaps
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· BSc. in Engineering
· Experience in a similar role
· Ability to analyze technical and financial data
· Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently
residing in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com