SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels.
We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a Planning Engineer to work onshore at our Georgetown Shorebase.
The Planning Engineer is the “scheduler” of the Project or major component of the Project. The Planning Engineer establishes the schedule and monitors the timely completion and progress of the Project by being the connector between all disciplines/activities, and reports to the Planning Manager or the Project Controls Manager (PCM).
In order manage and ensure that the planning and progress measurement are set-up in line with project strategy, you are to:
· Develop/Execute the planning and progress measurement taking into consideration project Strategy, project constraints and project execution
· Set-up prescribed planning tools
In order to ensure that the planning and progress measurement systems are managed, you are to:
· Gather actual progress data from disciplines and databases.
· Consolidate and check consistency and accuracy of actual data.
· Challenge all pertinent stakeholders involved with planning and progress measurement activities
· Update and maintain the schedule, using required planning tools.
· Determine schedule impact of all changes envisaged as part of the Management of Change Process
· Issue internal reporting / progress measurement.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Vocational qualification or degree in a numerate discipline
· At least 5 years' hands-on planning experience in a shipyard, engineering or Maintenance management environment.
· Must possess ownership attitude and leadership quality to lead a small group of engineers and designers.
· Proactive and open minded to work with multinational colleagues.
· Good command of English language, both verbal and written.
· Competency and experience in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & and Outlook.
· Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently residing in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com