SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We employ over 4800 people spread over eight locations, 9 operational shore bases and offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a Production Technician to work offshore on the Liza Destiny FPSO.
· Start up, operate, monitor and shut down process and utility systems;
· Monitor, maintain and optimize process parameters (level, flow, temperature, pressure) within operating requirements;
· Ensure sampling is carried out and sample results are acted upon;
· Trouble shoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems;
· Maintain water quality within required standards;
· Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, Fire and Gas Systems.
· Ensure accurate and timely production reporting and logging is submitted daily or as required by company.
· Witness third party calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
· Prove export oil meters.
· Work to O&M Contractor Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards, and PTW.
· Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner.
· Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately.
· Ensure vendor and subcontract personnel within responsibility understand and comply with current environmental regulations.
· Carry out Emergency Response role
· Facilitate maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required.
· Operation under PTW system, Toolbox Talk and Risk Assessments.
· Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment.
· Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations.
· Control activities of vendor and subcontractor personnel.
· Create and maintain effective working relationships
· Create and maintain positive work culture.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ Hydrocarbon Processing Level 2 or similar qualification
· 3 years experience of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
· Knowledge of ESD F&G and DCS operation.
· Good understanding of Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment
· Fluent Spoken and written English
· Ability to quickly assess and prioritize situations
· Good interpersonal communication skills and strong commitment to a team culture
· Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Offshore on a 28 days onboard / 28 days of leave rotation, 12-hours per day
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested in a career working offshore, please send your CV to:
If you are interested in a career working offshore, please submit your CV to:
Deadline for Application: June 29th, 2020
At this time we are seeking candidates who are
Guyanese and living in Guyana.