Join Our Database!
The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing different projects within the Projects departments, monitors their progress and completion to ensure that the expectations of the company and client are achieved. The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing oversight of the company's ongoing projects and will work closely with team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the organization of the general workforce, enforcement of Company safety standards, compliance with the Company's Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Quality (HSSEQ) standards, and serve as a liaison to the company.
2. Communicate with and complete all duties as instructed by the client.
3. Expedite shipments and acquisition of goods, materials, and services from the Trinidad and Guyana office when required by the company.
4. Ensure Purchase Orders (PO) and vendor management and expediting are available upon request.
5. Supervise customs clearance and freight forwarding services from Trinidad to Suriname or Drill Ships.
6. Liaise with the company and their vendors and suppliers in Trinidad and Guyana on freight availability and preferred shipment methods if requested.
7. Assist in providing trucking services for the transferal of the company's or the company's third-party supplier drilling tools, equipment, or consumable materials to Trinidad's Terminal as per schedule.
8. Monitor the loading and unloading activities to ensure secure and safe loading and unloading operations in Guyana.
9. Declare required manifest with ocean terminal before supply vessel's arrival.
10. Liaise with customers for required material staging within the open yard area at Terminal.
11. Arrange for materials, supplies, or equipment delivered to other wharves or the airport to be received and transported to the supply base or load on the supply vessel.
12. Arrange necessary stevedoring, pilots, and pilot boats where necessary.
13. Monitor movement of third-party supplier materials and supplies to vessels under charter to or owned by the company.
14. Arrange and or pay for boat charges, ships dues, wharf fees, light dues, stevedoring charges, and other necessary ship services, including ship's agency, as may be requested by the company.
15. Ensure that the company's Shore Base operates in compliance with applicable legislation, i.e., Environmental. Planning, Ports, Maritime, etc.
16. Promote a high level of Safety and Quality awareness, safe working practices, and safety initiatives across all Base and Marine operation areas, demonstrating leadership and commitment. Ensure that such understanding is visible to clients. Participate in and lead where required in accident investigation reporting.
17. Assist in developing and introducing innovative logistics solutions to enhance vessel scheduling, capacity planning, quality of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reports, procurement process, supply chain process, etc.
18. Any other duties that may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Degree in Management, Nautical Science, Maritime Operations, Logistics, or a related field.
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) or Projects Management Institute (PMI) Certification
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar position
• Knowledge of the shipping industry will be considered an asset.
• Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
• Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
• Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisor.
• Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
• Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
• Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job
• Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
• Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor.
• Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined, and corrective action taken; and
• Tag and report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
• Adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
• Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
• Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
• Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
• Technical Analysis of requests - quickly process and understand requests, identify where external assistance is needed, document concisely and clearly what is required, plan how to respond.
• Problem solving - suggest recommended actions rather than just ask for help, come up with innovative ideas, pre-emptively identify issues with existing procedures and implement solutions.
• Quality Assurance – Quickly picks up technical errors, typos, issues with sentence construction, gaps in logic, incorrect or missing pricing, whilst reviewing requests, quotes and technical proposals
• Teamwork and Emotional Intelligence - work well with others in the department, work well with other departments, build mutual trust and respect, develop strong professional relationships with others in the company, display emotional intelligence when dealing with others.
• MS Office - Intermediate to Advance in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
• Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
• May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Will be required to be on-site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc.).
• Foreign travel is possible.