QA & DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
QA & DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels.
We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a QA & Document Controller to work onshore at our Georgetown Shorebase.
The QA & Document Controller is responsible for the coordination of records and information from creation/receipt through processing, distribution, organization, storage and retrieval, and ultimate disposition.
The position acts as a system support to applicable disciplines, thereby maintaining systems and tools, contributing to specific discipline’s broader goals, to enable the Company to meet its objectives to prevent harm to our people, our asset, the environment and Company reputation and reduce risks to achieving the business objectives, wherever SBMs’ management systems are applied.
· Ensure documentation is systematically managed, and aligned with the Company’s (Document) Management Systems and processes.
· Provide guidance and support to Project Management teams, internal staff, vendors, subcontractors and clients when needed.
· Responsible for document coordination efforts and effective technical writing in the creation of documented procedures.
· Ensure that necessary personnel are aware of document requirements and specifications to meet Company standards, and industry regulations.
Identify areas requiring more detailed instructions
and clarify understanding/expectation as necessary.
Coordinate, plan and monitor (technical) support of documents for internal and external distribution.
· Produce consistent/organized documents in a well-structured format to clearly convey required information
· Effectively maintain management systems and tools wherever they are applied.
· Identify and assess topics, trends and users’ needs, to provide recommendations for improvement and implementation.
· Compile and analyze data and information to alert on trends and recurring themes.
· Monitor reported incidents, and track corrective actions.
· Provide input to the development and publication of training and awareness campaigns materials for selected discipline’s topics.
· Support roll-out of trainings and awareness campaigns across the organization;
· Conducting internal quality audits and facilitating management reviews.
· Provide support for quality certifications;
Perform quality control inspection.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Degree in mechanical or Production engineering;
· Desirable masters degree in quality assurance;
· 2+ years' experience in Quality assurance;
· Overall knowledge of ISO 9000 certification;
· Auditor experience beneficial;
· Strong computer skills and ability to learn technical software;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs with strong Excel skills;
· Ability to promote and support multi-discipline teamwork, i.e., activities that support the SBM management system inclusive of vision, strategic initiatives and tactical plan;
· Excellent command of both written and verbal communications;
· Ability to objectively review procedures and work instructions.
· Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefit
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently residing in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com