We are seeking to recruit a Quality Specialist to work onshore at our Georgetown shore base.
As Quality Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring prevention and mitigation of risks to our personnel, assets, the environment, and our Company reputation, and for ensuring compliance with all standards, rules and other requirements imposed by Company, Regulators, Clients, and other relevant Stakeholders.
• Ensure the application of Quality and Regulatory Policy for all Operations
• Promote and maintain Management Systems
• Perform/Manage audits as per the Audit Plan for the Area
• Lead and/or conduct internal and external verifications/surveys/audits, and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are identified and effectively implemented
• Manage deviations and related mitigating measures
• Contribute to qualification and/or selection of vendors/sub-contractors
• Drive continuous improvements in local operations
• Perform/Support incident investigations
• Actively contribute to the deployment of training programmes and communication campaigns related to Management Systems and Quality
• Maintenance of the regional contents of the ‘GEMS View for Operations’ portal and repository
• Set-up and maintenance of operating manuals for the Country Fleet, including Management of Change
• Collection, consolidation, and treatment of data, notably for reporting purposes
• Co-ordinate feedback and reports from the offshore units, incl. notably Costs of Non-Quality.
• Plan, perform and follow up assurance activities.
• Ensure that operations documentation is maintained onshore and offshore
• Ensure the Management System are effectively managed / maintained/used.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Relevant University Degree in Engineering including elements in Quality Management.
• 3 years experience working with quality process/ tools in Oil and Gas industry or other relevant industry (eg: Naval)
• Thorough knowledge of Quality tools, experience with said tools will be an asset
• Experience with office software packages e.g., MS Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power BI (or equivalent).
• Experience in Document Management Systems
• Experience in performing audits
• Experience in data analysis and reporting
• Fluent in (spoken and written) English.
• Available to travel to operating locations on an occasional basis
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective communication skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Monday to Friday, office hours
• Office located in Georgetown
• Busy, fast-paced environment
• Permanent, full-time position
• Competitive salary
• Medical and Life Insurance benefits
At this time, we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
Closing date for submission of resumes is Tuesday, September 20, 2022.