SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels.We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny FPSO, which is located in the Stabroek Basin approximately 200km northeast of Georgetown offshore Guyana.
We are looking for a Receptionist to work onshore at our Georgetown Shorebase.
The Receptionist contributes to maintaining SBM Offshore reputable image and reputation by ensuring professional contact with all external parties and an efficient liaison with the appropriate SBM personnel.
The Receptionist will handle all requests with courtesy and contributes to maintaining a safe working environment for all.
· Welcome callers as well as visitors and answer their requests in a professional and helpful manner.
· Provide information on SBM organization as requested,so as to ensure smooth continuity of all operations.
· Orientate visitors and help with special requests such as taxi bookings etc.
· Manager the efficient and timely dispatch of all incoming mail.
· Manage internal recording of all mails for dispatch, and coordinate the timely and resource effective dissemination of all internal documents being sent to external parties.
· Manages all incoming calls and transfer messages whenever required.
· Act as information desk for employees requesting information on local facilities (ie: Doctors…)
· Ensure all visitors and contractors are recorded in the internal register and are being hosted by appropriate SBM personnel
· Issue badge with appropriate access to all SBM staff as well as visitors and ensure badges are deactivated when they leave the company.
· Explain office safety procedures to all visitors and contractors upon the issuance of badges / when being allowed into the building.
· Help in case of evacuation by ensuring all exit paths are open and give the visitor register to the Office Safety team and /or firemen for control.
· Provide support for office facilities coordination activities, including the manage ment of office stock and stationery.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of Seven(7) CSEC subjects , including passes in Mathematics & English, grades 1 or 2
· Diploma in Office administration / similar area of study from a recognized institution.
· Competency and experience in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & and Outlook.
· Prior experience as a receptionist or in a related field will be an asset.
· Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
· Office located in Georgetown
· Busy, fast-paced environment
· Permanent, full-time position
· Competitive salary
· Medical and Dental benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
· Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
· Or our recruitment agency El Dorado Offshore - www.eldoradooffshore.com
At this time, we are seeking to hire candidates who are Guyanese and presently residing in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com